Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Quit smoking, COPD. Had pneumonia, back on antibiotics, Dr suggests chronic COPD. Need another opinion ?

I have COPD and was doing ok .I have quit smoking 4 years. because of no ins I went to a clinic I was getting short winded ,I had pnuemonia,so back on antibotics,then this doctor told me I was now chronic COPD and told me not to get ins bnecause I would be wasting money,that I wont be needing it. I wanted to be checked for an underlined med condition I had home tested 87%pos some years ago. He said no your not alpha 1. your not sick enough! I wantg to know if I should seek another opinion. Iam not on any meds but an inhaller I asked for. Its like hes throughing be under the bus! Im young 62
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pulmonologist 's  Response
you should get a pulmonary function test and assessment of your oxygen level at rest and walk by a pulse oxymeter.this will help design your treatment plan.
Answered: Fri, 30 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor