Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Pyelonephritis, hypoplastic kidney, done renal scan. Can Citralka syrup be taken?

Hello, My mother aged 56 yrs is was detected with chronic pyelonephritis in 2006 and we also came to know that she had a right side- small hypoplastic kidney. The Renal scan reveals: The split function of the right kidney is 22.5%and left is 77.5% while the GFR (ml/min) in right kidney is 9.693 and left is 33.4 , that is the total GFR is 43.1 which is much low than the normal range of 75- 120ml/mt. She is having painful and frequent urination and had fever last week which settled with cotrimoxazole (Septran) tablets and then the urologist prescribed levofloxacin 250mg once a day and she was fine but again yesterday night she had frequent and painful urination so i told her to take one more levofloxacin as we coudnt talk to the doctor at night. I wanted to know she can start taking CITRALKA SYRUP? Will it have side effects and whether she can take it or not.. Kindly Reply soon.
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  253
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
The syrup which you have mentioned is often used in patients with bladder infections and is usually quite safe. However I am not sure whether it will be of much help in pyelonephritis.
So you can try it but do not expect too much benefits.
Hope this helps
Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 18 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor