Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Pus filled swelling on the head after being bitten by something. No hair growth in the area. Anything to do?

Last summer I was bitten by something and it a spot on my head to swell. After the swelling a big pus filled knot formed. I personally squeezed it and apply ointment to the open area several times. It has been about 6 months and I haven t seen consistent hair growth in that area and I m beginning to worry. Any tips? What should I do? Will it grow back?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi ..thanks for your query..
If there is a non scarred area ,hair should grow back! However, if you are unable to visualize the area completely,you should undergo a check up for the same.With the kind of boil you mentioned,I would not think of a scar anyway,but whenever you have any similar kind of a boil/erution in an hairy area ,always remember that not touching it is the fastest way to let it is very important for a hairy area where infections tend to be recurrent and persistent and where scarring would mean lost of hair.
Even now, hair growth can be stimulated by using mild short course topical steroids and hair growth stimulating agents like 2%Minoxidil.
Take Care!
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor