Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Pus-filled pimple on forearm, wet, not raised. Any home remedy?

hello,my son had what looked like a big pimple that started to puss on its own on his forearm . now two days later its still there, pussing no longer, skin is wet looking and it looks like it could be a soft wart . its not raised. its flat. it wont dry out. should i seek a doctor or is there something i can do at home besides putting peroxcide on it?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It probably was a furuncle/ boil. Just do warm water compresses over the area and apply topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin two times in a day.
Do not apply peroxide over the area and do not squeeze the lesions.
Even if its a wart, infection should be treated first before we remove or cauterise it.
Hopefully the lesion should dry and heal in five to seven days. If it does not, please meet a doctor nearby.
Take care
Answered: Mon, 30 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor