Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Pus filled lump on the skin after a bug bite. What to do?

Hi, I m really concerned so would like to speak to someone! I m a 14 year old female. And I got bitten by (Im Not quiet sure what) about 1and a half moths ago in Spain. The bite went down and even tally cleared only to find tonight while showering that there was a lump inside my skin(rather large one) containing white milk like liquid& clear liquid? I m really scared what is this?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for writing here.

Lump with fluid can be due to bacterial infection.

Other possible diagnosis is a cyst.

You can take a course of oral antiboitics and wait for its resolution.

If it will not resolve it can be removed surgically.

In any case do not try to squeeze or rupture the lesion.

Hope this will help you.Take care.
Answered: Sat, 21 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor