Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Pus filled lipoma recurring on the upper back, chest pain. Need to see a doctor?

I have a lipoma on my middle to upper back, next to my left shoulder blade. Last year around this time it became infected. It drained pus and hurt me very badly. I went to see a doctor for it and she drained it and put me on antibiotics. Recently it started draining yellow fliud again but now it also started to bleed when it drains. Should I be concerned? I also have chest pain.

Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  282
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Consult surgeon,he might ask for biopsy/histological study and pus culture and sensitivity.Hope you are not diabetic, lipomas after infection sometime take longer to heel
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor