Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Pus-filled bump under belly. Is it worrisome?

Hi I have a small flat pus filled bump on my under-belly. I ve had a series of major and minor boils that start as pus boils and then become swollen and painful and then ooze blood . This new one doesn t look like them. But I ve never had these before, so why now? Please help, I hope they are not symptomatic of something bigger!
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description, it seems you could be having a boil. just do warm water compresses over the area and apply mupirocin or fusidic acid crea. Also do not try to squeeze or pop the lesions. Boils are common in hairy areas which are prone to friction and sweat collection. So can occur over thighs, groins, underarms or hear umbilicus.
If the lesions do not resolve in few days, please meet a doctor nearby.
Take care
Answered: Mon, 30 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor