Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Pus filled bump on the external auditory meatus. Should I go to the doctor?

I recently had a small pus filled bump on my right external auditory meatus. I have my Travis pierced and I believe the back of it has been rubbing my ear and brought the bump on, it was kind of like a small boil . It recently popped but now the root of my helix hurts and I m wondering if I should go to a doctor and have it looked at or if I just leave it alone will it eventually go away.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  344
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

I think you should go to doctor, because infection in this region can spread pretty fast. If treated early you might need just need good antibiotic cover.

Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor