Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Pus filled bump in the vagina. On antibiotics. Cyst or diverticulum? Need surgery?

I noticed a marble sized ball at the opening of my vagina. I went to the obgyn and she said that everything gynecological look ok. She said she couldnt see anything wrong. I then showed her the bump I was talking about. She examined it, and moved and squeezed it. She said that pus came out of it. She referred me to a urologist and gave me antibiotics. She also told me that it was a cyst or a diverticulum. I am very scared that there is something really wrong. Will this clear up? Do I need to have surgery?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
A vaginal cyst can be corrected with medication or antibiotics.
A urethral diverticulum also is easily treatable.
there is no cause for worry in either case, although minor surgery maybe required.
Do not worry much about it.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor