Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Pus filled blister on the back becoming a lump. Should be concerned?

Hi, I found a small lump on my back which on examination (a friend whom is a doctor) Seemed to think it was a blackhead she squeezed it, which was so painful, a lot of puss came out. Anyway it s now 2 months on and I noticed tonite it s very painful like someone is kneading their knuckle into my back, a dull ache and it is quite a lump under skin please advise ... Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
It is due to oily skin
keep skin dry
no mustard,coconut,walnut groundnut and soya oils
use amla/olive for application
and sunflower,vegetable,cotton seed for cooking
Cap doxi 100 mg bd for 3 week
clidamycin gel Tds over effected part for 3 months
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. R.G. Joshi's  Response
Hi...thanks for writing here.You have got saebaceous cyst which is now ruptured and become inflamed,so it is advisable you consult a surgeon or a dermatologist and go for excision of cyst.You can take oral antibiotics and analgesics along with hot fomentation for temporary relief ,but definitive treatment is surgical ,so consult your Doctor as early as possible.
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor