Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Pus filled blister on sole. Sore to touch. Prescribed cream, antibiotics. What could it be?

hi,my son has 1 puss filled blister on the sole of his foot .which is red around the outer part of the blister about 1 in diameter and very sore to touch.the blister itself is about the size of a screw head.and filled with puss.what could it be as weve taken him to the drop in centre and they are unsure to what it may be.prescribed cream and anti biotics. many thanks ashley
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! If it is confirmed to be pus, then I would advise you to take him to surgeon for evacuating the pus from the abscess cavity. Simply giving antibiotics without removing the pus will help little and may also increase the problem.
Wishing him an early recovery.
Answered: Sat, 8 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor