Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Pus filled blister in the ear. Should I burst it?

I just stretched my ears up another size so now they are at 1 1/8th of an inch and I noticed that when I took out my plug to clean it, they was a weird clear bubble looking thing almost like a cyst or abscess of some kind and it is a little uncomfortable. I want to wanted to pop it but I figured it would be better if it was just left it alone.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding pus filled blister in your ear canal, and you wants to puncture it out.

I would like to tell you that you are most likely suffering from frunculosis of ear canal. Please DON'T PUNCTURE it otherwise there will develop severe swelling which will be of much painful.

You are advice to do these things-

(a) Antibiotic- Preferably broad spectrum.

(b) Analgesic & anti-inflammatory.

(c) 10% Icthymol Glycerine should be put in ear after soaking in piece of gauge cotton.

This will help you.

Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor