Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Pus draining from nose, hole in skull, headaches, dizziness. Fatal symptoms?

My mom started having pus draining from her nose to the back of throat headaches and dizziness she went to the doctor and was told she had a whole in her skull right under her eye lining closer to her cheek bone she has had surgery done to close the whole nearly a year ago but the bad smelling pus is still leaking from her nose do you know what she may have and is it fatal? We live in cccc where health care isn t the best please help
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You will have to consult ENT specialist and get done CT scan of nose and paranasal sinuses to see if there is disease in the sinuses or there is leak anywhere.
After that it will be possible to comment on the further treatment .
YOu can start with antibiotics like roxithromycin and nasal and oral decongestants.
Nasal sprays like normal saline sprays and steroid sprays can be planned to use after the scan.
Answered: Fri, 6 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor