Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Pus discharge from the ears, headache. Need a permanent solution

goodafternoon sir,i am twenty-two years old and i am perpetually suffering from discharge of pus from both of my ears since childhood.i am fed up of this and i would like to get rid of this as early as possible and because of this very reason i often undergo a grave headache and that very moment i am unble to bridle myself. sir please give some solution to this subtle problem of mine.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
you said you are having discharge since childhood , then i expect you have shown to ENT specialist by now.
If you have discharge at young age without any other medical illness then there are more chances that you have a perforation in both of your ear drums .
In that case such a long perforation never heals on its own ,you will have to consult and get it operated.Before that you can get done
otoscopy (viewing through the ear canal)to confirm the disease / perforation this can be done by ENT specialist.
Pure tone audiometery (hearing test ) to know the extent of hearing loss so that the surgery can be planned accordingly
X ray mastoids / HRCT temporal bone ---which is to be done will be decided by your doctor.

Dont just avoid treatment as long term discharge will lead to hearing loss.
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor