Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Pus cells in urine and burning sensation during urination

Hello! My grandfather is 74 yrs. old. He s having high fever since 2 3 days. His urine test report shows pus cells count of around 25. From the last month or so he has a burning sensation during urination.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  475
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to health care magic!!
He has developed a urinary tract infection i suggest you start him on antibiotics immediately at his age it could lead to complications.let him drink lot of water and fluids.
Answered: Tue, 22 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Dear
I need to know the general health of your grandfather. Is he hypertensive or diabetic etc? if we rule out any serious renal disorder like pyuria then we can simply put him on a course of antibiotics . That will take care of the pus cell in urine. Drink plenty of water and take rest.Good Luck!!!!!!!
Answered: Tue, 22 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
No, he's not hypertensive or diabetic. He does have age related weakness and suffer from mild fever every other month normally. He also went for ultrasound and the first report suggested an enlarged prostrate but the latest report (today) showed that prostrate was normal.

His urine test report from February (around 22nd) displayed only 1-2 pus cells. But the latest report (2 days) showed around 25 pus cells.

His legs often swell when he sits cross legged for a long duration. We don't know the cause but it's been happening since a few years.
Answered: Tue, 22 Mar 2011
  User's Response
Hi Ishan
welcome to health care magic!!
He needs antibiotics immediately but chosen carefully. No tetracyclines or any group that can be renal toxic. Thats good news kidneys are not affected in Ultrasound. Contact your doctor for therapy.
Good luck!!!!!!
Answered: Wed, 23 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor