Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Pus cells in semen? What could be the possible reason?

I have analaysied semen and the report is almost normal but pus cells was found in semen value is 10-12/hpf. thn doctor suggest me antibaiotics course for 5 days. I dont remmber the tab name but its a menkind product. after 30 days of course i again analaysied semen and pus cells was there 8-10/hpf. now doctor suggest me doxy 1 LR tab for 7 days. i just want to know that why pus cells found in semen? what could be the possible reason? what is the normal range of pus cells? in my case is pus cells is abnormal or normal?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  707
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Pus cells do indicate an infection. Finding 8-10 pus cells is not much and may be just a normal finding also. Since you have done a complete course of antibiotic now you should not be worried and sit back and relax.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 24 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor