Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Purple spot on vulva, white discharge, itching, body pain

over the past few days i have started to feel sore and achy all over my body. i thought i was getting a viral infection, but at the same time i was having signs of a yeast infection . i have gotten 2 before in the past 7 months. the first discharge was a clear gelatin sticky quarter sized material that made me believe i was ovulating. then i started to discharge a white clumpy substance and realized i could have a yeast infection. i waited a few days just to see if it was my body ovulating, but then it became milky and started to itch and become inflamed. so today i took monistat 1 and nyquil for the viral symptoms and an hour later the viral symptoms faded. i still have a lingering lack of feeling complete again. just after i inserted the monistat depository i was examining my vulva to apply the external cream when i noticed a small purple-brown pen tip size dot on my lips . then i began to examine the area and found the development of a larger spot that was the size of a pencil eraser.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there.

From your history & clinical description it could be one of many things but a fixed drug eruption, Hepes or a florid candidal infection feature foremost on my mind.

Do visit a deramtologist/venereologist nearest you for a better assessment on the ground.

For your history to be complete, you need to mention your sexual history in detail & both or all partners' have to be treated to prevent recurrences.

Also remember that in infections, the fomites: bedclothes, undergarments, towels et al have to be all treated: wahing in hot water & drying well in bright sunlight & /or ironing well with a hot iron should suffice.

I would go with oral medications & a Kit comprising 2Gm tinnidazole & 200mg fluconazole will be ideal but may require a medical practitioners' prescription unless you have a very kind hearted pharmacist near you ;-)

Wish you great health & if sexually active, please practice 'Safe Sex'!

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Vikram Hospital, Bangalore, India
Answered: Thu, 25 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor