Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Pulsing sound in right ear, pressure in ears. Taken decongestant, flonase. Fluid in eardrum?

hello, I have been hearing a pulse sound in my right ear for a couple months now and it comes and goes. I did have two very bad sinus infections in January right around when it started and in February. I went to a doctor who said I have fluid behind my ear drum. I have taken every decongestant and even flonase but it persists. I hear a whoosh sound when I move my head up and down or side to side. It feels like pressure, air is in my ear at times as well.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  418
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Write your answer hereHello

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding pulsing sound in your right ear ,along with this you feel pressure and fluid in your right ear.

Considering your complaints in all aspect it appears most likely you have Eustachian tube dysfunction on right side. This may happen due to sore throat or sinusitis. Whenever this eustachian tube gets blocked you feel blockade in your ear, and later secreted fluid in middle ear gets collected and gives feeling of pressure.

To treat this you should take-

(a) antibiotic.

(b) Anti inflammatory.

(c) Anti allergic.

(d) Decongestant.

(e) Steam inhalations.

I Hope this will help you.

Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor