Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Pulsating pain in spine during pregnancy, had during earlier pregnancies also. How to get relief?

hello i am 36 wks pregnant and just started feeling a pulsating pain in my spine . it start at the level of the 4-6th thoacic spine and pulsate downward to l-s junction. it feels like my heart is in my spine throbbing away whenever this occurs and its about a 8 on a scale of 1-10 (pain). then subside. it has happened in the last two pregnancies around this time and continue on and off up to two wks after delivery. both pregnancies were c setions.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain in your spine can be due to postural changes related to the pregnancy or due to a spinal pathology like disc prolapse. You need to take adequate rest and adequate calcium supplements to prevent any further degradation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor