Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Pulmonary hypertension, breathlessness, hole in heart. Treatment?

hi there, my mother has been diagnosed with pulmanary hypertension it is now stable with medication she is taking ravatio and warlfrin and dr have advised that everything is ok however recently mum has not been feeling well, she has been feeling heavy chested and moments of breathlessness, she advised her specialist and was directed to conduct a CT Cardiac scan. the result of the scan showed blockages however they found a 2 cm hole in her heart . I am concerned that there may be complications with the treatment can i have more information about this condition and the treatment invloved thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  166
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
hi ,

Pulmonary hypertension and hole in the heart as per history - looks like she is suffering from Atrial septal defect ASD . To confirm this TEE trans oesophageal echo test will help . about blockages - angiography is the preferred test , here she can also undergo cardiac catheterisation so that we can come to know severity of pulmonary hypertension also . This will be good alternative to CT scan study as in tht case also later she may require coronary angiography .
lets not think about complications before complete diagnosis .
Answered: Tue, 27 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor