Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Pulled hamstring, severe pain, red marks, difficulty walking. Medical attention required?

I think I pulled my hamstring I m in a lot of pain and I have visual red markings in two different areas its hard to walk n very difficult to stand up from laying or sitting down. This happened 2-3 hours ago playing football. There was no contact it just happened when I sprinted. Should I rest this out or seek medical attention?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sprained hamstring can be usually relieved by rest. For the pain, take t. Combiflam thrice daily for the next 3days, superficial volini spray may also be helpful in relieving acute pain. however if ur having severe pain it's advisable to take an MRI and check for the possibility of any ligament tear. They might also be able to provide you with injectable painkillers with are more relieving. Also approaching a hospital is advisable if you have severe pain more than 24 hours or pain not respond to the tablet
Answered: Mon, 30 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor