Puffy eyelids after exposure to bleach. What to do?

Hi a lady was dying my hair and got a good amount of bleach in my eye! I tried to rinse it out as soon as it happened! i didnt go to the hospital after it happened i let them finish my hair. I came home cause i was still able to see but this morning i woke up and my eye lid is so puffy and its red in my eye still?? Should i see someone or will i be okay?
Tue, 28 May 2013
Hello dear,

Bleach is a chlorine based chemical which is alkaline in nature.

Chemical injury is considered a medical emergency.
The eye tissues being very delicate may get seriously damaged due to its exposure.
The pain, puffiness & redness may persist depending upon the amount & potency of the bleaching agent.

So, it will be better to consult an Ophthalmologist & get a proper examination done.
Based upon that appropriate management steps could be taken.

Kindly let me know if you have any further queries.
You can ask me a direct query on this website using the below link: http://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-polash-sannigrahi/64925

Wishing you a good health.
Thanks & take care.