Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
192 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Puffy eyelids after exposure to bleach. What to do?

Hi a lady was dying my hair and got a good amount of bleach in my eye! I tried to rinse it out as soon as it happened! i didnt go to the hospital after it happened i let them finish my hair. I came home cause i was still able to see but this morning i woke up and my eye lid is so puffy and its red in my eye still?? Should i see someone or will i be okay?
Tue, 28 May 2013
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello dear,

Bleach is a chlorine based chemical which is alkaline in nature.

Chemical injury is considered a medical emergency.
The eye tissues being very delicate may get seriously damaged due to its exposure.
The pain, puffiness & redness may persist depending upon the amount & potency of the bleaching agent.

So, it will be better to consult an Ophthalmologist & get a proper examination done.
Based upon that appropriate management steps could be taken.

Kindly let me know if you have any further queries.
You can ask me a direct query on this website using the below link: http://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-polash-sannigrahi/64925

Wishing you a good health.
Thanks & take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on
 

Related questions you may be interested in


Puffy eyelids after exposure to bleach. What to do?

Hello dear, Bleach is a chlorine based chemical which is alkaline in nature. Chemical injury is considered a medical emergency. The eye tissues being very delicate may get seriously damaged due to its exposure. The pain, puffiness & redness may persist depending upon the amount & potency of the bleaching agent. So, it will be better to consult an Ophthalmologist & get a proper examination done. Based upon that appropriate management steps could be taken. Kindly let me know if you have any further queries. You can ask me a direct query on this website using the below link: http://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-polash-sannigrahi/64925 Wishing you a good health. Thanks & take care.