Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Puffiness under eyes. Has to do with pool water? What specialist to visit?

Hi, my 9 year old frequently has puffy under both his eyes. This keeps coming back after a few days of dispearing. I took him to see an eye doctor. Not a problem there. He is a year around swimmer. I am wondering if this has to do with the pool water. I am thinking about taking him to see a specialist. What specialist should I take him to: dermtology, or allergy doctor? Thanks. M
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there mmfeng. You seem a concerned mum & empathise with your sentiments. To begin with, an opthalmologist is not the right person for puffiness under the eyes. In the age group your son is in, yes an allergologist or dermatologist is the best person to go visit depending on which part of the world you are based in as these specialiites may be merged or exist individually. might i suggest a net search for doctors in your specific throws up some amazing results! If after the consult, you get an all-clear regds pool water or other allergens, then you may want to consider if the child is getting enough sleep or needs to see a child counsellor or child would be surprised how often this will help. If it persists, then a cosmetologist will be the person to visit if only the cosmetic angle is left with :) cheers & good luck. Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Venereologist, Bangalore, India
Answered: Thu, 26 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor