Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Ptosis, heavy eyelids. What can help while I'm on contacts?

I have a problem within my eye i wear a contact lenses since five years and i am over use for CL then my contact lenses has ben cut inside my eyes three times and i really feel total discomfort to sum it up i was hesitated for about a year what is im my eye by the way my left eye only also during this year i notice that eyelid is somehow drooping not like the right eye at the end i know by a doctor that i have a gpc but the mail problem that is killing me ia the ptosis and the heavy feeling of the eyelid?please will ptosis go away whem hpc resolves?? How long time to resolve gpc!!!it stays sooo long with me and about the medication i discontinue contact lenses since 30 april 2012 till now and i will discontinue it permanently and i gone through a medication and this is the sixth week in the first week the doc prescribd me isoptomaxitrol and ciloxane eye drops in sec and third week: naphcon a eye drops and telfast tablet in forth fifth sixth week :restasis drops and naphcon a and telfast! There is a big improvemnt in pain and sandy sensation but all what i really eorry is the swollen droopy eyelid!!!
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  340
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi Mano,
Welcome to HCM.
You are suffering from Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis common in CL users. One good thing you have done is stop wearing the CL .
Restasis is a wonderful drug for this condition. I would suggest you to Continue Relestat along with topical anti allergics and
-add a good lubricant eye drops (preferably a gel)to relieve your sandy sensation
-a short term topical steroid monitered by your eye doctor
and most importantly,
-get an Oculoplastic surgeon's opinion too as long standing GPC will cause pseudo ptosis, which might need a surgical intervention,depending on your degree of drooping of the upper lids and your conjunctival status.

So, don't worry, this condition is very common and treatable, get an oculoplastic opinion for further assessment and management.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Tue, 18 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor