Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Psychiatrist for obsessive compulsive disorder

Hi My name is AAAAAAA ..I am based out of Kolkata , India. I have been suffering from OCD ( obsessive compulsive disorder ) for almost last 11 years. Though I do not perform repetitive actions, get involved in washing and other related activities, I suffer from severe concentration problem. Can you please suggest a psychologist/ psychiatrist based out of Kolkata, with whom I can seek help? I am 27 years old, male. Kindly help. Thanks in advance!
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
as you must have realized by now, OCD is a chronic and sometimes debilitating condition. it requires a lot of patience, commitment and understanding both on the part of the doctor and the patient. a lasting and trust-based doctor-patient relationship is needed for success with this condition.
both medicines and psychotherapy has been found to be helpful in OCD, the latter slightly better. though it might not be possible for me to recommend specific names on this platform, there are many qualified specialists who would help you with your problems. just make sure the relationship with your therapist/doctor is long-lasting and mutually convenient.

with regards.
Dr.A. Rao Kavoor
Answered: Sun, 23 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor