1. Prurigo (itching) nodularis (nodules) (PN) was on legs,thus systemic causes like thyroid problems,cholestasis
, uremia, hodgkin disease and Immunodeficiency
states can be ruled out.
2. you haven't mentioned about the cause and symptoms of your PN??
3. any auto immune condition dysfunction?
4. cessation of cortisone (steroid) will allow relapse to occur, along with flaring up of the symptoms.
5. PN is very hard/resistant to treat, one can include capsaicin cream,oral naltrexone, minocycline
, gabapentin are alternatives to mild improvement.
6. recently Thalidomide
was used to cure PN, but due to its side effect of causing Peripheral Neuropathy
, its analogue 'lenalidomide' 5mg/day is used which showed significant reduction in pruritus, improvement in sleep,mood and ability to concentrate.