Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Protruded lower rib, increasing and causing pain during physical activity. What is the cause?

I am 15 years old and for the past four years or so I have noticed that my lower left rib sticks out. Over the years, it has begun to stick out more but it now has begun to hurt me for about the last year and a half. It only hurts during any type of physical activity. I have gone to the doctor and had to get a ct scan yesterday as was suggested. I go back tomorrow to see what the results are. Any suggestions as to what this is and why it never hurt me before but now does?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for asking.

Most likely it related to the musculoskeletal system, either because of the rapid growth in the growing years, there can be bony pains.

Also a muscular cause of this can not be ruled out.

It is very likely to be related to chest/heart.

Answered: Wed, 31 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor