Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Protected sex, have delay in periods, weird feeling, intermittent headache, UTI. Pregnant?

Hi im 17 years old and me and my boyfriend had sex during the 15 of august and we used protection but i was suppose to get my period on the 21 or 22 of august amd i havent got it its been 2 weeks and a half and well i just feel weird with a headache every once and a while and i yesterday i got a Uti . And were both worried could i be pregnant? :(
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Protected sex might lead to pregnancy especially if there was any condom rupture during the act.
Now that your period is delayed beyond 2 and half weeks of due date you first have to get a urine test for pregnancy done. It is a simple test which can be done at home using commercially available urine pregnancy test kits . You can get it from any chemist shop.The instructions, results and interpretations are mentioned in the kit itself for self diagnosis.

Now if your test comes negative then you might need to wait for a week and repeat. You also need to get a pelvic ultrasound done to look into other gynaecological causes of irregular menstruation .

In case the test comes positive then also you have get a pelvic ultrasound done and see a Obstetrics and Gynaecology specialist regarding further management.

So to summarise investigations and suggestions are:
1. Urine test for pregnancy.
2. Pelvic ultrasound.
See an Obs and Gynae Specialist at the earliest.
Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Harish Naik's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

Your symptoms could be due to UTI only.

As you have missed your periods for more than two weeks its better you get urine pregnancy test done, if it turns negative then you can continue your treatment for UTI.

If its still not responding to antibiotic therapy then urine culture and sensitivity can be done .

Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor