Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Protected sex, delayed periods, worried about pregnancy. Suggestions?

Sir, Me and my girlfriend had sex around 10 days ago. That was a safe sex , i believe. but my girl friend is not getting her period today as it was scheduled for today. Before periods, she starts feeling about the same before a day or two but there is no such feeling this time. I am very worried. Plz help me. What should I do in such condition?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello there.

Thanks for writing,

If you have used protection then there is nothing to worry.

Also there is no use worrying now.

You may do a urine pregnancy test if she misses her periods.

A day or a weeks delay can happen due to reasons like stress, anxiety, medication and change of place.
If there were no such factors in her case then you have to rule out pregnancy.

After the test, you may consult a gynecologist for the further management according to your report and choice.

Take care.
Answered: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor