Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Protected sex, delayed periods, worried about pregnancy. Suggest medication for abortion?

HI, Its been 3 weeks since me and my boy friend had sex. We did have protected sex. But I have still not got my periods. It is been over due. Last month I got my periods on 5th. Every month I get my periods 5 days before. It is already 5th and i have still not got it. I think I am pregnant. Please suggest me some pills or so for abortion . I am 3 weeks pregnant. What to do next? If i take a pregnancy test , when will get to know about the result? Thanks, YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for your query,
Sex was done almost at the time of ovulation, so there are chances of pregnancy. But in case of protected sex chances are quite less .However failure of the method may occur occasionally. So first thing i will suggest you to go for a home pregnancy test immediately to exclude pregnancy. you will get the results with in 5 minutes.If you are pregnant you may undergo abortion under supervision of OBG doctor as the process carries risk.
Some times period get delayed or even may not come due to excess stress occasionally in a otherwise normal periods.
Best of luck and take care..
Hope it helps you....
Answered: Sat, 8 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor