Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Prostatomegaly grade 2, prescribed Tem Dura. How can biopsy be done?

Hi Doctor, My dad, aged 75years is diagonized with Prostratomegaly Grade 2....his medical tests have been done exactly one month ago. He is worried as the count of PSA is 11.51 ng/ml using CLIA method when the test was done ast month. He will be again doing the test in a day or so, to ascertian if there are any changes to the PSA level. He has been prescribed medicine Tem Dura and doctor has advised TURP procedure. My dad does not want to do the TURP procedure as he had undergone the procedure 7 years ago and he found it very painful, specially the catheder insertion. Kindly advise how we could get the biopsy done to ascertain if the problem is benign or malignant....what are the symptoms of patients who have prostrate cancer?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  231
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
Since his PSA is high,it is better to get a biopsy done.
It is a simple procedure, where a small scan probe is inserted into the back passage and samples are taken. It is not painful and a diagnosis can be done in one week.
Irrespective of his symptoms, he needs biopsy rather than TURP at present.

Answered: Mon, 22 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor