Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Prostate enlargement problem,is it curable With out surgery ?

My Dad Age 76 having Prostate Enlargement Problem. Frquent Urination during Night Time. With out surgery is it curable. If at all Surgery is it a Major Or Minor .
Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Prostrate surgery is very common and very minor surgery by today's standard.Your dad is old but don't worry as prostrate is a common problem in the elderly.Be relaxed and everything will be fine.
General Surgeon Dr. Akshata Powar's  Response
prostate enlargement is common in elderly, it presents with increased frequency of micturition, urgency and hesitancy. initial line of management is medical to shrink the prostate gland; also it is important to do serum PSA in these cases.
surgery for prostate is TURP which is an endoscopic procedure, so patients are comfortable on the first post- operative day itself.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
vridhivatika vati 2tab tds.kanchnar gugglu 2tab tds.gokchuradi gugglu 2tab tds.triphla chur 1tsf hs.with warm water.this will check the fluency of urine.decreases seiz of prosted and their is no harm of medicine.
  User's Response
Course time 6month.
  User's Response
simple procedure Palani.I got it done for my Dad, 73. He has been doing fine for last few years.He is old so he has other problems but nothing related to prostate.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor