Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Prolonged periods, ear pain. Diagnosed with chlamydia and hole in the ear drum. Need surgery?

Hi Im 25 years old and I have had Chlamidia in the passed but it was this year but I and my husband got treated for it. And ever since then I ve been having my periods for 2 weeks but no cramps . And the color is bright orange and light. I live far off from a hospital and should I be worried? And Also About my left ear which is a different topic. I have been cleaning my ears regularly and had been having ear aches since a week ago and I went to the clinic here and the healthaide checked inside and said I have a hole in my ear drum. Will I have to go through surgery? Or can it heal on its own? Cause I cant hear that much on my left side ear. And its really bugging me. Please Help.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Normally it is best not to insert any objects into the ear. If you have an issue with ear wax, it is best to use a softening agent then when it comes to the outer ear, it can be removed.
Persistent cleaning of the ear can lead to infection if the object used is not clean.

Rupture of the ear drum occurs due to infection or trauma. If you have no symptom of infections then it is possible insertion of the cleaning agent may have caused the rupture.

It should heal on its own and you should not have any permanent symptoms. I should heal within 2 months.

In terms of your period, prolonged bleeding can occur due to different causes such as infection, fibroids,endometriosis, hormonal problems. You should consider evaluation by your doctor.

I hope this helps
Answered: Sat, 7 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor