Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Prolonged period cycles, spotting before periods. Prescribed livogen, cycloset. Treatment?

hey doc.. my periods is not regular.i hav continuous periods for more than 2 weeks and before that also blood stains were found.. i consulted a doctor here. she gave me livogen tablets and cycloset syrup. i m 21 years with 168 cm height and 70 kg. i want to know more about this and why irregular periods is happening and what will these tablets act on my situaton
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  262
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016
Welcome to HCM.
You are suffering from irregular heavy bleeding for more than 2wks.It may be due to hormonal imbalance or uterine pathology.
First of all you do a USG lower abdomen to evaluate underlying pathology with some hormonal study like blood estrogen & progesterone,thyroid profile,LH/FSH with Lipid profile & PPBS.
After investigations,consult with your doctor.You may need Progesterone pill like Duphaston 10mg BD or Regestrone 5mg BD/TDS for 10-15 days for at least 3 cycles.
Also reduce some body wt(keep around 65 kg),avoid fatty food,do regular exercise,avoid stress and proper sleep.
Be well.
Answered: Sun, 16 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor