Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Prolonged menstrual cycle, bleeding for 12 days. Prescribed dicynone. Safe to take?

just wanted to know if is fine to take tablet dicynone to stop prolonged mensus bleeding . will it not give any side effect . i am just 35 yrs and recently married . i did not have any such issues all this years. But this time my mensus bleeding has not stopped even after 12 days and one of the doctor has advised to take this tablet . please advise
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hello Ms. Kavithav!!

Tablet Dicynone is containd ethamsylate which is a haemostatic drug , which in turn will help stop your prolonged menstruation as mentioned by your doctor.

Could you help me with your approx. weight and if there was a sudden gain or reduction in the same? All this leads to hormonal disbalance and thus can can affect the menstrual cycles by either prolonging or reducing it.

Have you got any other work-up done regarding the same this time?
Would be able to help you more if you could furnish the above details.

Answered: Thu, 12 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor