Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Prolonged bleeding with clots. Family history of uterine cancer and anemia. Need for concern?

Hi, I have been menstruating for over seven weeks now and I am passing larger and larger clots as time goes on. I am not going through an abundance of pads by the hour but I do have bouts of heavy bleeding (like a gushing) where I completely soak a pad. My doctor said to come back for a pap when the bleeding stops. My ultrasound (a year ago) came back clear. I did not have a real period for about three years before this bleeding started, ie, I would bleed VERY lightly for a day here and there but nothing consistent or on schedule. I did have a break for about a week at the end of February/beginning of March but I m back to bleeding again. My mom and sister are anemic; I am not. My sister had uterine cancer and had to have a hysterectomy just over two years ago. Should I be concerned? I REALLY appreciate your time. Respectfully, Amy C.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello Amy,
Thanks for your query.
Continuous bleeding for 7weeks is something to be of concern.
I suggest you to get a transvaginal ultrasound for endometrial thickness.
Also hormonal levels like FSH, LH.
You need to go to your doctor immediately for control of bleeding.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor