Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Prolonged bleeding after childbirth. Have urinary bladder infection. Do I have a PID?

I am trying to figure out if I just have a bladder infection or something worse so i m bleeding constantly after my baby she is now 3 1/2 months old my doctor just called me and said i have a bladder infection but I went to the hospital already for bleeding way to much the bleeding just doesn t seem to stop I was thinking it could be PID?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Definitely it can be P.I.D. which includes bladder infection also.You should go for a ultrasound of lower abdomen to see if there is any fluid in POD.This may confirm/rule out any PID.You are also required to go for a routine analysis of urine as well as culture of the urine.You may be having some retained piece of placenta after delivery of your should consult a gynaecologist if required,she may advise you a T.V.S. which may confirm any retained piece of placenta.
Answered: Sat, 19 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor