Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Proliferative nephrite sediment. What type of diet should be taken?

My brother having kidney disease proliferative nephrite sediment - renal bx - (focal proliferative gn c xhreonic chages) p-anca +ve (1:10) ana : anti dg dna (-ve) - anca associated vasulities - c renal involvemnet - this is diagnosis pls advise me which type of diet i shld take - which i shld avoid - i wl very grateful if u clear my doubts how far my disease - is it in early stage - how long i hv to take tablet - i i am totallyn upset - if u give me reply to my querries i wl b thankful to u
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Nephrologist 's  Response
1)Diet: will benefit from a low salt, moderate protein diet.
2) it is difficult to predict the stage based on just a few findings on the biopsy. We need to look at blood and urine tests as well as response to therapy
3) this disease often needs treatment for months to years.
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 15 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor