Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Profuse sweating after playing, ECG showed inferior ischemia, abnormal ECG. Meaning?

I am a black male. 61 years old, 6 0, 225 lbs, I am very active and play table tennis 8-15 hours per week. the intensity level is such that a am tottally soaked with sweat after the first 30 minutes of play during each session. I have been sedentary and crippled, for three months, due to back injury . During the pre-op work up for a major spinal surgery, i recieved a ECG with the following notations: Sinus rhythm with marked sinus arrhythmia ST & T wave abnormality, consider inferior ischemia, Abnormal ECG. Vent. rate 72 bpm, PR interval 166 ms. QRS duration 82 ms, QT/QTc 406/444 ms, P-R-T axes 76 -21 -70 . What does this mean? Can I go ahead with surgery, and what do I need to do to improve this?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  295
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cardiac Surgeon 's  Response
If there are some ECG changes, they will indicate that the blood supply to the heart(part of it) is reduced. TMT test will tell you whather you have any such ischemia.
But in your case, because of back problem, TMT can not be adviced. Only way out is coronary angiogram, which is a safe procedure and will give definitive results.
Before undergoing spinal surgery the cardiologist opinion and clearance(fitness) is better.
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor