Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
164 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Problem with vision in both the eyes. Eye test done. Treatment to cure it?

I have an high eye power right eye -7.8 with cylindrical power 2.5 , left eye -6.5 with cylindrical power 1.75 I am 22yr old and use specks,I feel that my right is under strain and I seem to overwork it and the left eye is slowly losing the power to see things. basically both the eyes are not functioning simultaneous and properly. I live in India and my doctor here is unable to find any problem,but its very difficult to find a reliable doctor here. Just FYI ,I underwent the eye test within a period of 10days at four different reputed eye clinics and all of them gave drastically different eye number s to me !!!! I went for the one I felt most comfortable with but its still not right.And have been experiencing this problem for last 1yr. please guide me ... I would like an expert opinion on this ,if the doctor is available.
Mon, 26 Aug 2013
Report Abuse
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
well you are definately suffering from high numbers,but considering your power your left eye cannot lose power as it has lower number compared to the right,well what is drastically different according to is the status of your retina?why do you say that your eyes are not working there any squint?
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i am 20 yrs old girl having squint eyes ..i am feeling very low about left eye is squint..turning inside......i wish to see this world wit...

Recent questions on  Optometry

doctor1 MD

My seven year old has been on keppra for one full month now, and she has been complaining of not being able to see the writing on the white board...

doctor1 MD


i have just returned from visiting my 22 year old daughter, who works on a cruise ship. she has had red eye complaints for about 4 months, She...

doctor1 MD

My little boy aged 5 has fallen at school and bumped his head on concrete. This happened 8 days ago we have been to A&E and had him checked fully...

doctor1 MD

Hello, I m live in Bosnia and Herzegovina ( you may not know where it is ) and I have a boy age 4 years and 5 months. My doctor specialists in...

doctor1 MD

Two year regular eye exam at optometry DR discovered weakend blood vessels behind my left eye it appeared as though I had experienced a stroke . I...

doctor1 MD

Off late, i am suffering from dryness, itching and uneasiness in left eye predominantly. Please suggest ways to relax eyes with medication or...