Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Problem with left ear, getting crackling popping noises, have tonsillitis. Can grommets may help?

Hi I have had a problem with my left ear for 4 years I pretty sure it to do with my Euthanasia tube as I keep getting crackling popping noises in my ear sometimes feels like fluid in the ear.. I do suffer with tonsillitis aswell which I don't think helps my ear problem. I have been advised by my gp that grommets my help..??
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
There can be fluid behind the ears so you are getting the popping or blocked sensation.
Fluid in ears (middle part of ear) could be becuase of poor Eustachain tube function (Tube connecting middle part of ear and back of nose). Which normally open and closes and maintain middle ear pressure same as outside pressure.
It does not function properly when there is infection in nose.
You can see an ENT specialist and get done--
Ear examination to see the your ear drums are intact .
Get done Impedance audiometry - a test to know if there is any fluid behind your ears.
Get done nasal Endoscopy to see the part behind the nose.
Grommets do help in such conditions and later after medication for some time and few months later the grommet will come out automatically.
Answered: Sat, 29 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor