Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Problem in movement of eyes after head injury in an accident. Surgery needed for eye correction?

Hello. My Brother has met with an accident last August and though it was head injury , by gods grace he had not any surgery. Was in ICU for three days and now back to his work. Only issue is with an eye of his not moving to one side. Vision wise there is no issue at all as per the many tests that were done in the last one year. The neuro doctor suggests no need of any surgery for that eye correction. but a Neuro Ophthalmogist suggested a surgery and has given 90% chances of vision correction. Please suggest if we need to go for it?
Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Sir,
Your brother has got post traumatic sixth nerve palsy. If there are no issues with vision and he is not having diplopia ( Double vision when looking to particular side) then there is no need of surgery. 6 th Nerve can recover after trauma but now it is unlikely. So if he has problem then he can go for surgery.
I hope this helps you.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor