Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Problem in Tachycardia, heart rate consistently runs in 90. EKG and holter monitor normal. Any test to detect this?

I m a 39 year old male. My heart rate consistently runs in the 90 s. I have had some issues with tachycardia in the last few months that comes and goes. The doctors so far have not been able to find anything wrong. My EKGs and holter monitor did not show anything. What should I be looking into now. I do not drink caffeine.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You may have to repeat the Holter for a longer duration...Event monitors usually detect
TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – may be necessary

Anxiety / Alcohol / Tobacco (smoking) / Caffeine (too much coffee, cola) are common causes.
Medicines may be responsible – like Phenylephrine, Pseudo-ephedrine used for ‘cold’ / Salbutamol, Salmeterol used for asthma and so on.
Illicit ‘drugs’ like Amphetamine are notorious to cause abnormal beats

At times, abnormal nerve paths in the heart (bypass tracts) are responsible! -
If there are no clues and if the problem is still bothering to the extent of interfering with life style, there is Electro Physiological Studies (EPS) for its evaluation...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 23 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor