Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Prevention of jaundice in children.

My son has been suffering from jaundice and the doctor prescribed Silymarin suspension. How does it help? My son was born before the date of delivery (around 8 months). Since then he has suffered from Typhoid, Malaria and Jaundice in a year. I couldn't find the correct solution for my son. Is there any insufficiency of immunity or something else? Kindly advise me as in my town there is no experienced child specialist.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Aug 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  1575
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Typhoid and jaundice are water born diseases, so be careful about drinking water and avoid eating unhygienic food. Malaria is transmitted through mosquitoes and you got to take all precautions to prevent mosquito bites. If he is otherwise healthy and not getting any other repeated infections not likely to be immune deficiency. If the jaundice is because of hepatitis A or E then medications have very virtually no role, recovery is usually spontaneous.
Answered: Wed, 19 Aug 2009
Pediatrician Dr. Kamlesh Verma's  Response
first of all give all vaccine to ur child which can be given to ur child. take water purifier at home & gave this water to ur child along with him at school. make all hygine in food. give vit. C diet like amla, tomato etc by which immunity increased.
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor