Prevention of conjunctivitis of the eyes

my mother has got...conjunctivitis ..i have heard it spreads very easily..my kid is just 3years old i am scared that it will be spread to him..what are the measures to be taken??
Sun, 18 Jul 2010
's  Response
conjunctivitis is easily controlled by handwashing & the germs are easily killed by heat. keep hands clean & clean babies hands with soap and warm water. avoid touching your eyes. avoidance of infection includes maintaining a healthy diet - free of sweets, full of fresh vegetables, taking vitamin c and carrots for vitamin a. application of a warm compress to the eye usually will kill the germs quickly. for yourself, apply heat to the eyes 3 -4 times a day & that will prevent problems.
hitoshi's  Response
Conjunctivits is acute infection of the eyes. It spreads from one person to other if both are sharing their person items like kerchief, towel. So avoid using the towel, kerchiefs of the infected person
hitoshi's  Response
shih-mo's  Response
dont touch your eye that is the only way you can prevent the infection of eye in case of infective diseases etiology
shih-mo's  Response