• question-icon

Pressure on both sides ribcage,excessive bloating,constipation,polyp found and removed,tubular adenoma

Hello, I am feeling a great pressure on my ribcage, both sides. It seems like a wide rubber band around my body. It is worst when sitting down. It eases if standing up or lying down. It started with excessive bloating and constipation (about a month ago). The bloating of the abdomen has subsided and the constipation is being treated with Miralax. My doctor ordered a CT scan (w/o contrast, due to iodine allergy) of the abdomen; all was in order. I had a colonoscopy done one week ago, and all was well, except for a polyp (7mm) found and completely removed. A biopsy was performed; result: tubular adenoma . Thanks for your assistance.
Tue, 15 May 2012

Thanks for writing in.

Your symptoms suggest a dyspepsia which could arise from either faulty food, lack of exercise and /or excessive secretion of acid.

I would suggest the following:

a. Eat small and frequent meals

b. Try and exercise for atleast 50 minutes daily

c. Avoid oily or fried food. Prefer roasted and grilled options

d. Avoid taking analgesics

e. You can try Prevacid OTC for 1 week with a prokinetic agent like domperidone. Please speak with your physician about this.

A yoga asana commonly known to relieve such symptoms is Vajra asana.