Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Pressure in rectum. Had colonoscopy. Taking psylium. Is consulting a GI Dr. the right one to help me?

I have pressure in my rectum. It comes and goes, I have had colonoscopy 17months ago everything was normal.
I have had diarea off and on for several months now. Just started taking psylium the last several days it has helped, but today unbearable pressure and pain. Can't feel any hemrroids, not painful when I try to see or feel. What should I do it is the weekend. I did make a appt. with GI Dr. would he be the right one or a specialist in this area? Please help!
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcomet to HCM. YOu should consult proctologist. The most anorectal disoredrs are caused by hemorrhoids, fissurae, poylps or abssceses. Some more serious diagnosis such as cancer, crohn and ulceratice colitis should always be ruled out. YOur problem can be casued by hard stool as well. You should try to take some laxatives to see will it be better. Specialist should do examinations, at least rectoscopy and digitorectal exam. There can be some organic lesion but also he can find weakness of anal sfincters.
If you see blood in stool, have opstiptaion for more than 2 days or abdominal distension you should go to emergency department. WIsh you good health.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Oncologist, Surgical Dr. Rohan Khandelwal's  Response
Sorry to hear about your problem. A GI doctor is the best to consult in this case. From the symptoms which you have described, it looks like irritable bowel syndrome.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor