Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Pressure in lower left side, frequent urination, thick white discharge. Birth control in arm, had sex with person who had STD. Could have contracted STD ?

Last month a got a pregency test done before i had my birth control implanted in my arm. I was told I had a bladder infection. I never took medication for it but i have been doing research and I'm extremely concerned. My symptoms are, pressure in my lower left side, frequent urination but it doesn't burn/sometimes has odor and a thick white discharge. I was informed about 2 weeks ago that I had intercourse with someone who tested positive for an STD(herpes), we had sex before I had gone to the doctor for my b/c and pregnancy test. As i have stated the only results were that I'm not pregnant and I had a bladder infection. Could I possibly contracted his STD and they misdiagnosed it as a bladder infection?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

From your presentation it does appear as though you could have either a urinary tract infection(UTI) or a sexually transmitted infection. Only further laboratory examination can confirm the condition you are suffering from. But in my opinion the closest possibilities are either a UTI or a yeast infection (monilia). Symptoms of a yeast infection are:
-Increased amount of discharge
-White, clumpy (cottage cheese-like), discharge
-Redness, itching, burning in vaginal/vulvar area

Symptoms of a UTI are:
-Increased frequency of urination
-Increased urge to urinate, but reduced amount of urine being passed
-Lower abdominal and/or flank region pain
-Itching around genitals
-Discharge (vaginal)

Please note that not all symptoms need to be present to make a diagnosis, but a clinical suspicion can be raised from the clinical presentation.

I would first request you to please consume as much water and cranberry juice as possible, refrain from sexual contact and visit a doctor at the earliest for proper evaluation and treatment of your condition.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor