Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Pressure in head, ears, imbalance, CT scan, MRI normal, air bubble in sinuses, treatment

Good morning, I am truly at a loss with these symptoms I am experiencing so ANY help would be greatly appreciated. For over a month I have been experiencing pressure in my head and ears and a feeling of being unbalanced (not really dizzy). I have been to a cardiologist , internal dr, and an ENT . I have had blood work done, CT Scan , MRI done and they have all come back normal. However, I am not feeling normal. Sometimes the pressure feels mobile, almost like an air bubble moving through my sinuses. I am not the only one experiencing this and all of us have yet to find an answer. Please help! It is hard to function in everyday life like this. Thank You!
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  289
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there.

You haven't mentioned your age. It is more commonly seen in adults of 40-60 years f age but can present at any age as well. It is also a familial disease ad most members of the family may have it.

Usually pressure in the ears with loss of balance points to a disorder called Meniere's disease. It is characterized by giddiness, fluctuating hearing loss and ringing sensation in the ears. It is due to fluid build up in the inner ear. Kindly avoid much salt in diet, do not go more than 1-2 g of salt a day in total. You can try taking antihistamines like Cetrizine or anti-emetics like Betahistine for relief from the dizziness and pressure.

Kindly do consult your ENT Doctor for advice and medication for this problem as soon as possible.

Wishing you speedy recovery.


Answered: Mon, 16 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor