Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Prescribed with siphene and susten. How long should I wait to get the pregnancy test done?

Hi doctor, i have been prescribed siphene 100mg for 5 days starting from 3rd day of my last period.i underwent follicular monitoring and on 18th day i was told that the eggs are released and from the same day i have been using susten vt is my last tablet.till how long should i wait to do a pregnancy test in case i dont get my periods?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  151
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Urine tests for pregnancy are not likely to be positive before the third day of a missed period whereas blood tests can be performed with good results as early as a week before a missed period. I suggest that you wait for a week after you miss a period as HPTs do not read a positive result with very low levels of hormone as they are not so sensitive. You may consult your doctor for further advice. Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor